Low Temperature PCTFE Kel F High Purity Extruded Rod
PCTFE or CTFE (originally known as Kel-F*) has many of the properties similar to other fluoropolymers such as PTFE, FEP or PFA, but is mechanically superior in rigidity (does not deform easily), and has very low gas permeability. Its dimensional stability makes it attractive for use as a component of a structural part where the high temperature and chemical resistance of fluoropolymers is required. PCTFE shows high compressive strength and low deformation under load.
|Elongation at break
1. Dimensionally stable, rigid, and resistant to cold flow
2. Very low gas permeation and outgassing
3. Near zero moisture absorption
4. Excellent chemical resistance
5. Useful temperature range: –400°F to 380°F
6. Radiation resistance
PCTFE is a good choice for instrumentation, laboratory, aerospace and flight applications. Other common applications include cryogenics, valves, seals, and film for food and pharmaceutical packaging.